Updated: January 31, 2024
WHAT ARE COOKIES?
- Usage and Preference Information which related to the regular usage of our website and provision of our services to you;
- If you leave a comment on any of our websites, your name and email address will also be saved in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will be saved on your computer until you delete them; and
WHAT TYPES OF COOKIES WE USE
Squire uses the following types of Cookies:
- Session or strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our websites. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our websites. These cookies are not generally stored beyond the browser session and are less likely to include Personal Information. This category of cookies cannot be disabled.
- Functionality. Squire uses these cookies so that we recognize you on our websites and remember your previously selected preferences. These cookies are stored on your device between browsing sessions but expire after a pre-defined period. These cookies enable our website to “recognize” you when you use our website, including your preferences such as your preferred language , time, and location. A mix of first party (placed by us) and third-party cookies (placed by third parties) are used.
- Analytical cookies. These cookies allow us to track the number of visitors to our websites and to see how visitors move around our websites when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily. We use third-party service providers, such as Google Analytics, which uses analytical cookies to collect and analyze this type of information about your use of the Squire Services. You can learn more about Google’s privacy practices by going to www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/.
- Advertising. Squire uses these cookies to collect information about your visit to our websites, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address. Squire sometimes shares some limited aspects of this data with third parties for advertising purposes. We may also share online data collected through cookies with our advertising partners. This means that when you visit another website, you may be shown advertising based on your browsing patterns on our websites.
- Web Beacons, Pixel Tags and Other Tracking Technologies. Web beacons, pixel tags and other “tracking technologies” are small strings of code placed on a web page or in an email or advertisement. These technologies allow your browser to recognize and store certain types of information such as cookies previously set, the time and date that you viewed the page with the beacon and a description of that page.
HOW TO MANAGE COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES
There are a few ways to opt out of or delete cookies:
- On Your Browser (Chrome, Safari). You may be able to disable cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to disable all cookies (including strictly necessary cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of the site. Disabling a cookie or category of cookie does not delete the cookie from your browser. You will need to do this separately within your browser. If you have disabled one or more analytical cookies, we may still use information collected from cookies prior to your preference being set.
- Opting Out on a Mobile Device. Depending on your device and operating system, you may be able to reset your mobile device’s advertising identifier to limit this data collection or prevent the collection of usage data across unaffiliated applications for interest-based advertising purposes, by accessing the privacy settings on your mobile device. Each operating system, iOS for Apple devices, Android for Android devices, and Windows for Microsoft devices, provides its own instructions. Visit the privacy settings for your mobile device or contact your platform operator for more information.
Please note that you must opt out separately on each device (including each web browser on each device) that you use to access our Service if you wish to opt out, and if you clear your cookies or if you use a different browser or device, you will need to renew your opt-out preferences.
- Interest-Based Advertising. For more information about interest-based advertising on your desktop or mobile browser, and your ability to opt out of advertising on your browser by third parties that participate in self-regulatory programs, depending on where you are based, visit:
- United States:
- The Network Advertising Initiative at https://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/what-are-my-options
- The DAA’s consumer choice tool at https://optout.aboutads.info/?c=2&lang=EN;
- Canada: The DAAC’s consumer opt-out tool at https://youradchoices.ca/en/tools
- Europe: The EDAA’s Your Online Choices page at https://www.youronlinechoices.eu/
- Platform Opt Out Tools. Google and Facebook offer opt-out features that let you opt-out of use of your information for interest-based advertising.
- Using Privacy Plug-ins or Browsers. You can block our websites from setting cookies used for interest-based ads by using a browser with privacy features, like Brave, or installing browser plugins like Privacy Badger, Ghostery or uBlock Origin, and configuring them to block third party cookies/trackers.
CHANGES TO THIS COOKIES POLICY
HOW TO CONTACT US
If you have any questions about this Cookies Policy or any information incorporated herein, please contact us at [email protected], or write us at Squire Technologies, Inc., 216 Bowery, 3rd Fl, New York, NY 10012.